Thursday, April 17, 2008

Done my doody

Whew! Just got dismissed from jury duty... I tell you what, it was cool. It was awesome to see how the legal system works. All slowly and by book-learned folk. How real people determine what happens to someone charged with a crime is wonderful. The coolest part by far was NOT being selected to be on the actual jury.

Trust me, I came into that courtroom of sound mind and body. Answered truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. Did my doody proudly as any American would.

There is now this mixed blessing of provided wi-fi access during down time for jurors. I say mixed only because this means jury duty is no longer a vacation. No more analog entertainment like books and cassette players dominating the waiting area. We get desks with outlets and internet access and have the ability to connect wirelessly to our employer's networks.

All in all it was a learning experience. Let's hope I get to learn more about our doody as citizens in 12 months. Justice rules! Yay for law enforcement and democracy for all the book-learned people of the world!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home