Friday, August 17, 2007

Nice and sunny

The weather the last few days has been incredible in San Francisco. Though, my cat has been restless and I wonder if it is earthquake season. Sometimes when things are abnormally warm we get quakes. Then again it is August and not unusual for temperatures to reach 80-90 degrees for a couple of weeks. The tourists are loving it. My neighborhood is packed with travelers from the U.S. and international countries getting sun in the city.

Last night, my friends Mike and Maricar from the MFA program at the Academy of Art came out for sushi. It is fun hanging-out with those two. Like me, they are working in the design industry while getting their master's degrees part-time. We relate on a lot of our experiences. Plus they are New Yorkers. Love New Yorkers. Don't know why. West coasters know how to get what they want and relax at the same time, but those East coasters are constantly humming and getting down to the truth in life. We ate on Polk street and caught-up on gossip/movies/future plans.

I have a visitor coming in for the next couple of weeks and am excited about showing them the city. Tonight, there is music going on at Edinburgh Castle. That is an idea. Or maybe just wine bars in the Tenderloin. The TL is really feeling like home now, but all the street drama can still piss a guy off. What does it mean that I feel fine in a neighborhood with heavy crack/meth/misc drug problems? Eh, guess it just doesn't phase me. I can handle the gritty living when there is this much cool stuff in the neighborhood to balance it.

Next week will be a round of interviews with different companies in San Francisco and the South Bay. I have a feeling that the right company is going to present itself soon. Freelance is great for being independent, but it is a lot of emails with not enough paychecks. I need something steady right now, because I'm used to working 9-6 on salary.

Bye the way, I'm reading "The Dharma Bums" by Jack Kerouac. Its a great escape. Can't believe I've never picked up his books before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home