Friday, May 18, 2007

Pumpkins Tour

Oh my good golly! The Smashing Pumpkins are going to be playing eight nights at the Fillmore in SF. I'm totally excited and going to buy tickets *fingers crossed*.

Ironically they are playing nine shows at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC. So strange. I had never even heard of Asheville until this year. Now my favorite band is going to play both at the place I live and at the place I last vacationed to.

When the Pumpkins broke up in 2000, I told myself that I would sacrifice my own band in order for them to survive. Well as the story goes... my band broke up around the end of 2000 beginning of 2001. Now by the luck of the gods, Mr. Billy and Mr. Jimmy have recruited two new dudes in preparation to sonically fix all of the worlds problems for two neverending hours at the Fillmore. I love those songs. Can't wait, yo. Best songwriting ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home