Thursday, October 13, 2005

Perfection Quote



This is a quote buy writer Louis Auchincloss about the facade of perfection. I found the quote in a book called "Being Perfect" by Anna Quindlen.

This is a project for my Typography class. The idea was to take a quote and represent it typographically in a way that reflects it's meaning. Then the quote was to be placed in a environment. I chose a magnification mirror to relate my quote to perfection of appearance. The type is set in Optima, hair from my shower drain, and lipstick.

I am doing an extensive focus on imperfection this semester. A lot of research and exploration is involved. The hope is that this will lead to my master's thesis development. Always busy, busy. School is definitely a love/hate relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home