Sunday, October 23, 2005

God Loves a Trier

Halloween is coming up and I hope that someone invites me to a party. Even if they don't I am going to hit the town and hit it hard. Halloween is one of my top three holidays (the other two are St. Patrick's Day and New Year's Eve). This year I am dressing as a redneck and my family has sent me an authentic costume.

The last few months I had been working at break-neck speed. I was doing full-time contract web design for Hotwire.com and attending graduate school full-time. After three straight weeks of insomnia, I have finally dropped one of my classes at school. It is a real weight off of my shoulders. Now I can finally get back to the "early to bed, early to rise" thing.

It is always humbling when you gotta quit something. Awe so sad to turn away from an un-scalable mountain. Well, God loves a trier. That is what my manager at the ultimate convenience store (Dara's Fastlane) would always say. By the way, working at a convenience store is much harder on a person than you non-clerks would believe. Think of being a clerk as boot-camp style training for a career in loathing all society. To all of my bros in N.C.K. selling lottery tickets and cigarettes, I love you dirty, punk bottom-feeders. Respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home