Wednesday, August 10, 2005

One year up the drain!

Well it is August and that means it has been one year since I relocated to California. Let me tell you what, sometimes I feel like I've been living out the Grapes of Wrath. Of the characters in that book, I am more like Poppa Joad then Tom Joad or the Preacher. Poppa Joad is at times destructively passive, yet always maintains optimism for the good of the whole.

So, in one year I've started my own business, completed one third of my Graduate studies, began to build a client base, and fought the demons of burnout. You all know what I'm talking about. The best method of burnout relief that I've found is meditation. The second best is exercise. When those fail I recommend endulging in decadent social vices. In the words of the soundtrack to a great Burt Reynolds movie, "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. We're gonna do what they say can't be done."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home